Electric BMWs merge iconic design and engineering excellence with sustainability and efficiency, a winning combination.
In this article, we’ll learn more about electric BMWs, exploring the impressive BMW electric car range these vehicles offer. When buying an electric vehicle, assessing its range is crucial, as it determines its suitability for both daily commutes and longer journeys. We’ll also discover the benefits of driving an electric BMW and reveal which models are available to lease at LetsTalk Leasing.
What is an electric car?
Electric cars are vehicles powered by electricity rather than petrol or diesel. They use electric energy stored in a rechargeable battery to power an electric motor. Electric cars are charged up by plugging them into an electrical power source like a home or public charging point.
The main benefit of fully electric cars is that they produce zero emissions and are environmentally friendly. In the UK, there is a significant shift towards electric vehicles. By 2030, the UK government plans to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars as part of its commitment to reducing carbon emissions and combating climate change.
What is the range on a BWM electric car?
If you’ve never driven an electric car before, it’s common to worry about how far they can go before they need recharging. This common fear is often referred to as ‘range anxiety’. However, range anxiety is now less of an issue than it used to be. While older models of electric vehicles often have low ranges, modern electric cars feature advanced battery technology and significantly longer ranges.
So, what is a BMW electric car range? Whilst the range does vary from one model to the next, it’s generally very good on electric BMWs! Generally, you’ll find that models with larger batteries offer a longer driving range. For example, the BMW iX and i7 both have a driving range of around 380 miles, putting them in Top Gear’s list of 2023’s top 10 electric cars with the longest range. However, the BMW iX1 has a slightly lower range of up to 270 miles.
What are the benefits of driving a BMW electric car?
The transition from driving a traditional fuel-powered car to an electric vehicle is easy when you choose an electric BMW. Let’s discover some of the benefits of making your next car an electric BMW.
- Eco-friendly – Electric BMWs produce zero emissions, making them an environmentally friendly option for those wishing to lower their carbon footprint.
- High performance – Electric BMWs maintain the brand’s reputation for high performance, offering quick acceleration, responsive handling, and a smooth driving experience.
- Iconic design and style – Electric BMWs embody the brand’s iconic blend of modern innovation and timeless aesthetics.
- Innovative technology – Electric BMWs are equipped with cutting-edge technology, including regenerative braking and the latest driver assistance and infotainment systems.
- Cost-effective to run – Electric vehicles typically have lower running costs because electricity is cheaper than petrol or diesel. Electric cars also have fewer moving parts, meaning there is less to go wrong, and maintenance costs are generally lower too.
- Quiet and comfortable – Electric cars are exceptionally quiet, offering a calmer, more relaxed driving experience.
- Tax incentives and benefits – Those who drive electric vehicles may be able to enjoy various tax incentives, reduced road taxes, and exemptions from congestion charges in certain areas.
BWM electric cars available for lease from LetsTalk Leasing
If you’re looking for a new BMW electric car, why not browse the BMW lease deals available here at LetsTalk Leasing?
The BMW iX1 is a small crossover SUV and our most affordable electric BMW, available to lease from just £399.39 /month.
Range – Up to 270 miles
- Powerful dual-motor powertrain
- Active seats with massage and lumbar functions
- Large illuminated luggage compartment
- Innovative BMW Curved Display with touch and voice control
- Aerodynamic, streamlined design
The BMW i4 is a sporty electric coupe and is available to lease from LetsTalk Leasing from just £421.16 /month
Range – Up to 365 miles
- Fifth-generation BMW eDrive technology
- BMW Live Cockpit with Curved Display
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant
- Keyless entry with BMW Digital Key
- Spacious interior
The BMW X3 Estate is a mid-size SUV available to lease with LetsTalk Leasing from just £437.24 /month.
Range – Up to 283 miles
- Suited to almost any terrain
- Semi-autonomous driving systems
- Enhanced aerodynamics
- BMW TwinPower Turbo engines
- Adjustable front sports seats
The BMX iX is an award-winning, large, luxury SUV available to lease with LetsTalk Leasing from just £516.75 /month.
Range – Up to 265 miles
- Fifth-generation BMW eDrive technology
- Powerful acceleration
- All-wheel drive system
- Advanced driver assistance technologies
- Panoramic glass sunroof
The BMW i7 is a luxury, premium saloon car with an impressive all-electric range. Guaranteed to give the wow factor, the i7 is available to lease from LetsTalk Leasing for £1,201.17 /month.
Range – Up to 379 miles
- My Modes sets the car’s visual and acoustic experience depending on your mood
- Executive lounge seating
- Crystal headlights and illuminated kidney grille
- Autonomous driving
- Optional BMW Theatre Screen and surround sound system
Plus more! We also lease the BMW 2 Series, BMW X1, BMW i5, BMW 3 Series, BMW X5, and BMW 5 Series.
Each of the BMWs we lease is available in various colours and with optional extras, so you can customise your vehicle to meet your specific needs and preferences.
Want to learn more about our new electric BMW lease deals? Give our team a call today on 0330 056 3331.